Sep 25, 2010

Haunted Wisconsin


I am VERY excited to be apart of Haunted Wisconsin this year as an official member of the Review Crew for all the local haunts. I have been assigned 4 haunts, but I plan to attend A LOT more than that! Anyone who knows me well knows that Haunted Houses have ALWAYS been a huge passion of mine. I have been going to them since I was a young kid and am always excited to see what new scare tactics are added every year and who can outsmart the bravest of souls.

I have been loyal to many haunts in the area for some time, Splatter Haus has always been a personal favorite of mine since I first went in 2004. They are considered the SCARIEST haunted house in the Midwest, and though I will admit that one year they did have me so frightened at one point I ran directly into a wall and had a bloody nose the rest of the way, The Wisconsin Feargrounds is creeping its way to the top of that list. They first opened as The Darkness more than a few years ago and already had a very solid grasp on atmosphere and not using practical scares, but rather getting you when you last expected it. By the time they re-opend as Morgan Manor they had really improved there sets and actors to add to there already great atmosphere and scare tactics. This was undoubtedly put together by a team of people who really had a strong love for putting together a GREAT haunted house! I myself intend to open a haunted attraction of my own in the future and I can only hope that it is as well designed and as frightening as these ghouls have put together! Some other ones that I love to go to every year is the Hartford Haunted Jaycees, The Meadowbrook Haunted Cornfield and Mars Haunted House which is actually truly haunted as well.


Another fun and exciting thing to do around Halloween is go to a pumpkin patch! Now, I probably should NOT admit this, but my fiance and I have been actually stealing pumpkins since we met 10 years ago. It has become a strong tradition of ours to steal as many pumpkins as we can every year and we have even gone as far as to call ourselves the "Pumpkin Thieves" and sport matching skull printed ski masks when we do it. However, we also do buy pumpkins and one of my favorite places to go to buy a pumpkin or two is Basses Pumpkin Fest. They have everything from fresh hot cider, to pumpkin pie, a spooky corn maze and the best thing ever to do is the PUMPKIN BLASTER! Its basically a rocket launcher that launches mini pumpkins! :D


I love to go to all the Halloween stores in the area and decorate the place with old and new finds. I love how every year my fiance and I just keep adding to the already 10 huge boxes of Halloween decor and if we're lucky after Halloween, we will grab what we can at 50% off! One year we walked away with a TON of things including a life size Hannibal Lector & Zombie Bride that I fully intend to have out for our wedding this Halloween.

This Halloween will be extra special since my fiance and I are getting married inside the haunted and abandoned Kenosha Theater and hosting a costume party/reception after. Being such Halloween enthusiast's and just how special this time of the year has always been for us, we could not have imagined having it on any other day! We are putting A LOT of work into the planning and hope to have one hell of an awesome Halloween wedding and Vampire ball!

With only 5 more days till October, and 36 days till Halloween I can not wait to go to all the haunted houses, corn mazes, and pumpkin patches I enjoy. I look forward to frequently stopping into Halloween Express and Spirit store, and I can't wait to have horror movie marathons and carving pumpkins!!!

If you are interested in reading my reviews on local haunted houses, here is a link to Haunted Wisconsin: http://www.hauntedwisconsin.com/

And this is a link directly to my review page: http://www.hauntedwisconsin.com/events/review_crew/spookshow%20babe/

Also, if your interested in seeing the wedding progress, here is a link to our wedsite: www.jefferyandcrystal.blogspot.com

~Spookshow

No comments:

Post a Comment